- St. Helena High School
SHHS Freshmen Course Request Process for 2020-2021 School Year
Hello Class of 2024!
As we mentioned in our email to you from last week, it’s time to pick your St. Helena High School (SHHS) classes. Below are instructions and steps you need to follow to register for your Ninth grade classes. Please read this email carefully as it includes very important information. (Traducción en español al final de este correo electrónico.)
Directions: Please complete the Ninth Grade Course Request Form at https://forms.gle/QG461CcS45nzuGLe6
- Please select seven classes with alternate classes, in case classes fill up or scheduling conflicts occur. It is also critical that you write in your first and last name.
- You must complete and submit your request form by Friday, May 8. If you are unable to complete the form online, take a picture of the paper copy of Ninth Grade Course Request that is attached and email it to your counselor. Your counselor’s name and contact information are at the bottom of this email.
PowerPoint: Please review the attached PowerPoint presentation that SHHS counselors created to help you choose your Ninth grade classes and answer any questions you might have about which classes are appropriate for you.
Google Meet: The counselors are hosting two Google Meets on Friday, May 1st at 10:30am and 1pm to review the scheduling PowerPoint presentation and answer general questions about Ninth grade classes.
- Please join the Google Meet on Friday, May 1st at 10:30am at meet.google.com/urv-osps-ksm OR join the Google Meet on Friday, May 1st at 1:00pm at meet.google.com/qah-whjk-kvm
Course Catalog: The Course Catalog is attached to this email which contains information about each course, our Pathways program, graduation requirements, and more.
Students who are raised in a home where Spanish is spoken and plan to take Spanish next year, you must take the Heritage Spanish Exam.
- The exam will take 45-55 minutes and must be taken and submitted online.
- RLS students, please find the exam at https://forms.gle/q3KAFLYijPXZoLEd6. IMPORTANT: You must take this placement exam using your Chrome Book. Also, no other tabs can be open for you to be able to take the test, for the security of the exam.
- Non-RLS students, please find the exam at https://forms.gle/qfSbdjDFcMVA7td49.
Terms: As you review the PowerPoint and Ninth Grade Course Request form, you might notice some unfamiliar terms. Below are the definitions of common high school terms and abbreviations:
- P: P indicates College Prep. This means that college admissions officers will consider this class and the grade you earn when you apply to four-year colleges after high school.
- Pre-Requisite: a class or minimum score you must complete or earn to enroll in a class.
- MAP: Measure of Academic Progress. These scores, from Eighth grade, may be used to determine placement in Biology or Biology-Ag.
Registration: If you do not currently attend St. Helena Unified School District, please note that SHHS will be facilitating its registration process remotely for incoming 9th graders for the 2020-2021 school year.
- You can request a registration packet by contacting Diana Carr, Registrar, at email@example.com or leaving a message at (707) 967-2748, We check voicemails daily.
- The packet can either be emailed or mailed to you. Completed registration forms and supporting documentation can be emailed to Diana Carr or dropped off at the St. Helena High School Main Office located at 1401 Grayson Avenue, St. Helena.
- The Main Office is open Mondays from 9 AM-12 PM.
- Once we receive complete registration information, your student will be entered into our system and enrolled in his/her classes for the 2020-2021 school year.
Counselors: If you have any questions about this process, please reach out to your high school counselor:
- Ms. Linder is the counselor for freshmen whose last names start with A- L.
- Mr. Garrity is the counselor for freshmen with last names starting with M-Z.
- You will have the same counselor for all four years at SHHS.
- Email your counselor at:
Ms. Linder and Mr. Garrity