• All minor students under 18 years of age employed in the state of California must have a permit to work.

    Prior to permitting a student to work, the student obtain an application for a work permit. The form must be completed by the minor and the employer and signed by the minor's parent or guardian and the employer. The completed and signed form is delivered to Ms. Carr at St. Helena High school who then issues the permit to employ and work.

    During summer months or when school is not in session the work permit is obtained from Erica Madrigal, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent of the St. Helena Unified School District.

    Permits issued during the school year expire five days after the opening of the next succeeding school year and must be renewed.

    Work Permit Application