SHPS is a Transitional Kindergarten through Second Grade school located in the town of St. Helena, in the heart of the Napa Valley. It was newly opened in 2000. The facility is architecturally distinctive and beautifully landscaped. Garden beds, an outdoor gazebo and picnic tables by each classroom extend learning outdoors. There are fifteen classrooms; three portables housing music, art, and physical education; a multipurpose room/cafeteria, called "The Barn”; and an administration building housing the library/media center and staff offices. The views from the school are rural and beautiful in all directions.
The Mission of the St. Helena Primary School
"To nurture and inspire all children to reach their full potential."
St. Helena Primary School is a community of lifelong learners.
- We build a strong foundation in literacy, numeracy, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- We learn through meaningful exploration, creative expression, and collaboration.
- We develop skills and confidence to achieve personal and academic goals.
- We value our team of community members, families, staff, and students.
- We support children’s ability to be open minded, respectful of self and others, and to understand their role in making a difference in the world.
The St. Helena Unified School District Motto
"High Expectations, lead to High Student Achievement"
- Specials (PE, Music, Library, Spanish and B-STEM)
- Artist in Residence Program
- Assemblies for the whole school focusing on BEST, science and social studies themes.
Big Events we look forward to each year:
- Bagels, Books & Buddies
- Student Music Performance
- Field Days
What Every Angel Knows
- Our School Mascots are Angels (a winged mouse, cat and dog).
- Our School Colors are Purple and White.
- Our School Cheer is “Saint Helena Angels are always, Safe, Respectful and Responsible."
- Our School Song, “I get a happy feeling here at my school, here at my school, here at my school. I get a happy feeling here at my school. Here at St. Helena Primary School.”
SHPS gives students year-round opportunities to build academic strength, self confidence and social skills through a range of experiences.