Per the SHUSD School Board and School Policy, attire is to be safe, age-appropriate, and conducive to a learning environment. Dress requirements are gender-neutral and are defined below:
- Shoes must be worn at all times. Students must wear appropriate athletic shoes for PE.
- Clothing, jewelry, and personal items shall be free from writing, pictures, or any other insignia which are crude, vulgar, profane, or sexually suggestive, which bear drug, alcohol, or tobacco company advertising, promotions, and likenesses, or which advocate racial, ethnic, religious, or gender prejudice.
- Hats, caps, hoods, and other head coverings shall not be worn indoors unless required by a student’s religion or faith.
- Clothes shall conceal undergarments. See-through fabrics, halters, off-the-shoulder or low-cut tops, tops with straps less than 1” wide, and bare midriffs are prohibited. Shorts must have at least a 4” inseam and any holes/rips/tears must also be below the 4” inseam. These guidelines apply equally to all genders.
- Gang-related apparel is prohibited.