RLS Middle School
Students, Parents and Staff
CODE OF CONDUCT
As a student, I am responsible to:
- Respect the school, staff, students, and families.
- Be in each class on time and attend school daily.
- Arrive at school with appropriate materials and ready to work.
- Get adequate sleep and proper nutrition.
- Seek information regarding my academic progress.
- Complete all learning tasks and assignments.
- Utilize a study area at home.
- Limit my television viewing and electronic entertainment.
- Follow the school rules and dress code.
- Dress appropriately for middle school (not distract from learning).
- Refrain from using a cell phone/IPOD on campus any time during the school day.
As a parent, I am responsible to:
- Believe my child can learn.
- Ensure that my child gets adequate sleep, regular medical attention and proper nutrition.
- Support my son/daughter by ensuring that he/she attends school daily and arrives at school on time.
- Seek information regarding my son’s/daughter’s progress by conferring with teachers, principals, counselors, and other school personnel.
- Participate at school in activities such as parent meetings, school decision making, volunteering and/or attending parent-teacher conferences.
- Provide a quiet time and place for homework, as well as monitor television viewing, limit electronic entertainment activities and monitor extra-curricularactivities’ impact on school.
- Support the school in developing positive behaviors in my child.
- Support the school’s discipline and dress code.
- Respect the school, staff, students and families.
As school staff, we are responsible to:
- Believe all students can learn.
- Participate in school activities.
- Use a variety of methods and tools to teach.
- Provide clear expectations for academic achievement.
- Encourage daily attendance at school.
- Enforce and be consistent with school policy.
- Show students respect through actions and words.
- Keep the classroom, school office and school grounds clean and organized.
- Hold students accountable for their actions and words.
- Give timely and accurate feedback on student class-work.
- Maintain communication with parents.